Calling all chocolate lovers - you need these chocolate truffles in your life!
I’m a self-confessed chocoholic. I love chocolate so much that pretty much all of the desserts I eat have to contain some form of chocolate. Belgian chocolate cake, chocolate digestive biscuits, Nutella milkshakes, Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream… Is your mouth watering yet?
Well, I have a recipe filled with yummy chocolate goodness for you, so prepare to have your cravings satisfied!
I like to bake every so often and these chocolate truffles are my favourite things to make. They satisfy my sweet tooth, fulfill my chocolate cravings and they are so incredibly easy to make, whilst looking pretty impressive too - even if I do say so myself! Plus, they are perfect for the upcoming festive party season.
We thought it would be a fun lunchtime activity to make a batch of truffles and then devour them to get us through the afternoon. They definitely did not disappoint, they didn’t even make it back into the fridge before they were all gone!
So, here’s everything you need to know to make them yourself, whether you’re in the office with colleagues or at home with your family.
- 300g of chocolate (white, milk or dark - the choice is yours!)
- 300ml double cream
- A knob of butter
- Toppings of your choice (try dessicated coconut, nuts, crushed biscuits, cocoa powder...)
- Prepare the chocolate by breaking it and adding it into a bowl.
- Pour the double cream into a saucepan and simmer on a low heat.
- Once the cream begins to boil and bubble at the edges (around 2-3 minutes) remove from the heat and add in the butter.
- Pour the butter and cream mixture into the bowl with the chocolate and stir together until the chocolate has completely melted and become a thick, glossy mix.
- Place the mixture into the fridge for about two hours, or overnight if you have time. Once chilled, the mix should be of a thick rollable consistency.
- Use a spoon to take out a small amount of the mixture and roll it between your palms to create a ball in the desired size for your truffle.
- Roll the truffle ball in the topping of your choice, and repeat until the mixture is gone.